Saturday, February 28, 2009

Heavy Rotation.

Another dry weekend in Newport. Same as the last, and the one before. Gotta love your home town though.

Anyway.

Felt the need to express my appreciation for in my eyes one of the gretest hip-hop albums ever created.




Nas' Illmatic which dropped in April of '94 is a nothing less than classic. The ridiculous lyrical content, productions by greats such as Pete Rock and Q-Tip, and overall feel of the album really take me on a journey. Not to mention most of the album was written while Nas was a teenager. Way ahead of his time. Its been on repeat on my ipod for at least 2 weeks straight, along with other classic albums of his and others. I cant go a day without listening to it. Definitely one of the dopest albums the world has ever heard.

Favorite track - It Aint Hard To Tell.

If youve never heard this album. Im sorry, your life isnt as good as it could be.

- Markus


No comments: